The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences is always busy! Read all our latest news and upcoming events here.
- 35th Limerick Literary Festival - This year, UL Creative Writing is supporting the 35th Limerick Literary Festival in honour of Kate O’Brien, 22nd to 24th February. The Festival has a wonderful line-up of writers: acclaimed journalist Lara Marlowe, bestselling author Louise O’Neill, award winning essayist Emilie Pine, renowned biographer Lyndall Gordon, critically acclaimed novelist David Park, no 1 bestseller Liz… Continue reading 35th Limerick Literary Festival
- UL doctoral student chosen as Society for Ethnomusicology ‘Student of the Month’ - Congratulations to Felix Morgenstern, a PhD student with the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance at UL, who has been chosen by the Society for Ethnomusicology (SEM) as Student of the Month (February 2019). SEM is a very prestigious international ethnomusicology organisation based in the USA and it is a real honour for Felix and… Continue reading UL doctoral student chosen as Society for Ethnomusicology ‘Student of the Month’
- Challenges in Prosecuting International Crimes: A Case Study from Uganda - Paul Bradfield delivered a guest lecture titled “Challenges in Prosecuting International Crimes: A Case Study from Uganda” on the 11th February, to LL.M. /M.A. Human Rights in Criminal Justice students, and staff in the School of Law and Centre for Crime, Justice & Victim Studies. Paul delivered a very interesting and informative lecture on the… Continue reading Challenges in Prosecuting International Crimes: A Case Study from Uganda
- A&L Goodbody Moot Court Competition 2019 - The School of Law’s Internal Moot Court Competition, sponsored by A&L Goodbody solicitors, took place on 6th-7th February 2019. The preliminary rounds were judged by Sinead Eaton, Hope Davidson, Dr Margaret Fitzgerald O’Reilly, Eoin Quill, Professor Paul McCutcheon, and Dr Norah Burns. All judges commented on the high standard of mooting displayed by students throughout… Continue reading A&L Goodbody Moot Court Competition 2019
- LISTEN: Prof. Eoin Devereux on RTÉ 2 FM - Head of the Department of Sociology at UL, Prof. Eoin Devereux, spoke to Dave Fanning yesterday on RTÉ’S 2FM, talking about HEART & SOUL: Critical Essays on Joy Division, edited by Dr Martin J Power, Prof. Eoin Devereux and Dr Aileen Dillane. The book was launched last month in Dolans, Limerick. Direct link (Eoin’s interview… Continue reading LISTEN: Prof. Eoin Devereux on RTÉ 2 FM