The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences is always busy! Read all our latest news and upcoming events here.
- Argentine Cinema Series at the University of Limerick - The University of Limerick will host an Argentine Cinema Series this October. The festival is supported by the Embassy of Argentina in Ireland and the School of Modern Languages and Applied Languages. The Last Elvis (Armando Bó 2012) Tuesday 16 October, D1 050, 6pm The film tells the story of Carlos Gutiérrez, an Elvis impersonator in… Continue reading Argentine Cinema Series at the University of Limerick
- New Law Library at the University of Limerick - The University of Limerick recently unveiled the dynamic and inspiring new Glucksman Library, designed to transform the Library and the University for scholarship in a digital age. The dynamic new library, which was overseen by Director Dr Gobnait O’Riordan, has been dramatically reimagined and extended with a sequence of interlinked, handsome, well-lit and beautifully proportioned… Continue reading New Law Library at the University of Limerick
- Homelessness Information Leaflet Launch, and Housing Law & Policy workshop - Community Law & Mediation (“CLM”) yesterday launched a new information leaflet on Homelessness – information for people who are homeless or at risk of losing their homes. This guide, which was produced by CLM following engagement with advocates working in the area of housing and homelessness, is an information guide which sets out to explain… Continue reading Homelessness Information Leaflet Launch, and Housing Law & Policy workshop
- LISTEN: The problem with street harassment - Dr Amanda Haynes spoke to Limerick Today about the issue of street harassment and the effect it can have on victims. Listen now: www.live95fm.ie/on-air/shows/limerick-today/limerick-today-podcasts/october-2018/limerick-today-how-big-of-a-problem-is-cat-callin/ Dr Haynes is a Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the University of Limerick, and co-director of the Hate and Hostility Research Group.
- UL Law lecturer debates Bunreacht na hÉireann on Oireachtas TV - Laura Cahillane (School of Law) contributed to a debate on constitutional change on Oireachtas TV on Sunday 30th September. Barrister and political commentator Noel Whelan was also a panellist. The debate centred on whether Bunreacht na hÉireann is still fit for purpose and on what reform is needed. Watch now: The video of the debate… Continue reading UL Law lecturer debates Bunreacht na hÉireann on Oireachtas TV