The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences is always busy! Read all our latest news and upcoming events here.
- Gold Gaisce Award for UL First Year Arts Student - Congratulations to our first year Arts student Lorcán Tuohy-Donnelly, who was awarded a Gold Gaisce Award by President of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins. Gaisce – The President’s Award is a self-development programme for young people between the ages of 15-25, which can enhance confidence and well-being through participation in personal, physical, community and team challenges.… Continue reading Gold Gaisce Award for UL First Year Arts Student
- 16 Days of Action Event - Prof. Shane Kilcommins (School of Law) spoke at the Irish Observatory on Violence Against Women event in Dublin on the 6th December. The event centred on the prevention of, and protection from, intimate partner violence (IPV), recognising that a failure to protect may result in severe harm to women and, at its most extreme, intimate… Continue reading 16 Days of Action Event
- UL Journalism students launch 2019 edition of Limerick Voice newspaper - Congratulations to our fourth year and MA students of Journalism at University of Limerick, who this week launched the 2019 edition of Limerick Voice newspaper. The award winning newspaper was published this Thursday with the Limerick Leader, and reports how the Health Service Executive (HSE) has been notified of 105 cases of mumps so far this… Continue reading UL Journalism students launch 2019 edition of Limerick Voice newspaper
- Report by University of Limerick researchers shows State ‘failing to meet obligations’ on hate crime - A report by researchers based at University of Limerick presented to a United Nations Committee has said that the Irish State is failing to meet its obligations in relation to hate crime. The Hate and Hostility Research Group (HHRG) at University of Limerick (UL) was asked by the Coalition Against Hate Crime to write an alternative… Continue reading Report by University of Limerick researchers shows State ‘failing to meet obligations’ on hate crime
- Field Trip to Limerick Prison - Postgraduate students studying on the LLM/MA in Human Rights in Criminal Justice programme recently gained a real-world insight into an operational prison during a field trip to Limerick Prison organised by Course Director, Dr Ger Coffey. Students experienced the prison environment and gained valuable insights into the workings of an operational prison. This served to… Continue reading Field Trip to Limerick Prison