The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences is always busy! Read all our latest news and upcoming events here.
- Evening Language Courses at the University of Limerick - Starting in September 2018, the School of Modern Languages and Applied Linguistics at the University of Limerick is offering evening language courses in: French German Japanese Spanish Chinese (new for 2018) Available to UL students and UL staff members as well as to members of the general public. These courses are designed for adult learners interested in… Continue reading Evening Language Courses at the University of Limerick
- Donal Ryan long-listed for the 2018 Man Booker Prize - We are thrilled to congratulate our colleague Donal Ryan on his nomination for this year’s Man Booker Prize, the leading literary award in the English speaking world. Donal is a Lecturer in Creative Writing, working alongside Joseph O’Connor, Giles Foden and Sarah Moore Fitzgerald at the University of Limerick on our MA in Creative Writing. This nomination is… Continue reading Donal Ryan long-listed for the 2018 Man Booker Prize
- UL student wins video journalism prize - A video project entitled “25 … What do you know about Ireland’s national card game?” has earned David Connors, a MA in Journalism student at the University of Limerick, top prize in the inaugural Irish Examiner / University of Limerick video journalism competition. His piece focused on a ’25’ card tournament in Tubber, Co Clare,… Continue reading UL student wins video journalism prize
- Newsletter, Summer 2018 - We’ve had a highly productive and positive semester here at the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Limerick. Our Summer 2018 newsletter features news and events from our faculty and students from Spring semester. Read the newsletter at this link: June 2018 newsletter Read our previous newsletters
- Jennifer Schweppe presents at the EU High Level Group on combating racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance - Jennifer Schweppe, Senior Lecturer at the School of Law, and co–Director of UL’s Hate and Hostility Research Group (HHRG), was invited to the Fifth meeting of the EU High Level Group (HLG) on combating racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance to present the findings of the HHRG’s ‘Lifecycle of a Hate Crime: Comparative Report’.… Continue reading Jennifer Schweppe presents at the EU High Level Group on combating racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance