The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences is always busy! Read all our latest news and upcoming events here.
- Call for Faculty Funding for Conference and Fieldwork 2020/2021 - The 2020 AHSS Faculty Research Support Scheme invites applications to support research development. Applications from early career faculty members are particularly encouraged. Completed applications should be submitted by 5pm Thursday 12 March 2020. For further details and application form, please contact Dr. Niamh Lenahan, Niamh.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call for Postgraduate Funding for Conferences and Fieldwork 2020/2021 - AHSS Postgraduate Researchers can apply for conference expenses AND fieldwork/ archival research. Completed applications should be submitted by 5pm Thursday 5 March 2020. For further details and application form, please contact Dr. Niamh Lenahan Niamh.Lenahan@ul.ie
- UL Journalism students take part in RTE election coverage - University of Limerick were delighted to partner with RTE for the national broadcaster’s 2020 election coverage this year. Thirteen UL journalism students were at count centres around the country on Sunday as part of RTE’s digital news coverage.
- Managing a Career in Academia and Research - On Friday, 14 February 2020, Professor Fiona Cownie (Keele University) and Professor Anthony Bradney (Keele University) will deliver a special, interactive seminar on the topic of ‘Managing a Career in Academia and Research’. The seminar will take place at 11am in the Teaching Space in the School of Law. More details about the seminar are contained in the… Continue reading Managing a Career in Academia and Research
- Morning Ireland - On January 9th, Eddie Keane was delighted to be interviewed by Brian Dobson on RTE Radio 1s ‘Morning Ireland’ programme. The interview discussed the decision of the Irish Workplace Relations Commission to award a former RTE employee €100,000 for age discrimination, when she was forced to retire at the age of 65. The full interview… Continue reading Morning Ireland