The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences is always busy! Read all our latest news and upcoming events here.
- UL Journalism Graduate Scoops Top Press Council Award - A University of Limerick journalism graduate has scooped the top bursary award of the Press Council of Ireland for a series of articles she wrote on how cancer patients are treated. Muireann Duffy, (21), won the €1,000 prize for her articles, which were part of her undergraduate thesis. The articles focused on the Government’s failure… Continue reading UL Journalism Graduate Scoops Top Press Council Award
- UL lecturers win first ERASMUS+ DELTA Scholarship - Congratulations to Dr Liam Murray and Dr Marta Giralt from the School of Modern Languages and Applied Linguistics have been the first UL scholars awarded with the ERASMUS+ DELTA Scholarship by the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. DELTA stands for Disciplinary Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Assessment and… Continue reading UL lecturers win first ERASMUS+ DELTA Scholarship
- AHSS Alumni reception, Saturday 28th September - The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Alumni reception took place in School of Law, Foundation building, University of Limerick, on Saturday 28th September. Classes celebrated included 1979, 1984,1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2009. AHSS colleagues Professor Eoin Devereux and Dr Joachim Fischer spoke to attendees. Thanks to UL Alumni and Oonagh Grace for organising!
- Eversheds Sutherland scholarship for student on UL’s LLM in International Commercial Law - A very generous scholarship was awarded by Eversheds Sutherland, Solicitors to Tara Tierney who enrolled on the LLM in International Commercial Law and began her studies this month. Eversheds-Sutherland is part of a large international corporate law firm with a truly global presence and the School of Law is grateful for the firm’s support. This… Continue reading Eversheds Sutherland scholarship for student on UL’s LLM in International Commercial Law
- Medical Cannabis Symposium at the University of Limerick - The School of Law hosted a symposium on the law and policy surrounding medical cannabis in Ireland on 21st September 2019. The event was organised by Alicia Maher, Dr John Lombard, and Gino Kenny TD. The event included speakers such as: Prof David Finn, Vera Twomey, Karen Gray, Hannah Deacon, Prof Mike Barnes, Dr Garrett… Continue reading Medical Cannabis Symposium at the University of Limerick