University of Limerick Sanctuary PhD Fellowship
Applications are being accepted for the position of Sanctuary PhD Fellow at the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences from September 2018-September 2022. The position is open to new PhD candidates only.
The Sanctuary PhD fellow will have two key duties:
- Conduct a PhD under the broad theme of the role of languages in the integration of refugees and asylum seekers.
- Provide administrative support to the UL Sanctuary Programme (up to 6hrs per week)
General Overview of Proposed Research:
The proposed research aims to examine the role of language in the integration of refugees and asylum seekers to Ireland. Candidates are invited to develop a research proposal with this broad theme in mind and outline the specific ways in which the knowledge acquired through the PhD process will be transfer outside of academia.
The candidates must have:
- Level 8 qualification or equivalent in languages or linguistics or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable interest and experience in the fields of asylum, refugees and/ or migration.
- The award will cover EU-fees
- Ready to commence PhD studies in September 2018– no deferment possible.
- A completed UL PhD application form (available at www.ul.ie/graduateschool)
- 1 page statement of interest, detailing suitability for the PhD
- 2-page CV.
The total value of the Fellowship is €16,000 per annum.
Submit to Caroline.Harrington@ul.ie by 12.00 noon on 13th August 2018.
Informal queries can be addressed to: Mairead.Moriarty@ul.ie
The University of Limerick Sanctuary PhD Fellowship is generously funded by the Deans of the Faculties of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences, Science and Engineering, Education and Health Sciences, and the Kemmy Business School.