The School of Law at the University of Limerick is pleased to offer a Law of Evidence module for 12 weeks starting in September 2018. This module is open to everyone, and can be taken as a standalone link-in module, called a University Certificate of Study.
The Law of Evidence is the means by which we go about determining accurately what occurred in the past, while also determining how it ought fairly to be understood or interpreted, and how it ought fairly to be evaluated. It is the material offered in court during a trial for the purpose of enabling the finder of fact (judge or jury) to reach a decision on the issues in dispute. The purpose of this online course is to examine all of the main topics within the Law of Evidence.
LA4082: Law of Evidence Module
- This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in the court process and fact finding.
- CPD Credit: A solicitor practising on a full-time basis and undertaking this course, can claim a maximum of 10 hours eLearning.
- The module is worth 6 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System points) at Level 8.
How it works
- The module is taken over 12 weeks (one semester).
- The module will be delivered on a blended learning basis; that is to say, mostly online, but with at least one face to face workshop. The online element of the module will incorporate a combination of self-instructional materials. These include: online lectures, student guide, interactive learning elements, core texts and recommended readings.
- There will be regular tutor led interactions, tutor feedback and discussion boards.
The fees for this course are €568 per student. A cheque can be included together with your application, or paid online. For information about programme fees or payment options, please visit www.ul.ie/finance or contact the Fees Office at UL on +353 61 202 026 or email@example.com.
NOTE: that all cheques, bank drafts or postal orders are to be made payable to the University of Limerick.
How to apply
Students complete the ’University Certificate of Study’ application form, which is available to print at www.ul.ie/cpe/short-courses.
The completed form, together with the relevant fee and passport photo, to be returned to:
Continuing & Professional Education
ER1-030, Engineering Research Building,
University of Limerick
For further information on course content, you can contact:
Professor Shane Kilcommins, School of Law